Thursday 22 July 2010

Modern rural

Rural refers to an area that isn't built up so non-metropolitan areas, opposite to urban.
A rural area is defined as a place where there is less than 1000 people per square mile, and to me refers to country people and the countryside in general, where things aren't built up.
Modern refers to the modern era, and is term meaning now, say something wouldn't be in the distant past or far away future then it would be modern.
Modern rural would refer to aspects of the rural areas of the world which are modern, I see this as quite contradictory as in general things in rural areas are not modern. I live in a town in the countryside in hampshire, although they town isn't necessarily rural itself it is surrounded by lots of tiny villages and fields which are in fact very rural, although modern it is definitely not.
I have included a picture from an aeroplane of Petersfield the town I am from.


No comments:

Post a Comment