Friday 21 May 2010

Final maxi skirt - Interdisciplinary

These are the pictures of my final maxi skirt and the craft package that accompanies it, I made the skirt from strips of fabric which I had ruffled some of which I had sewn into as well, I then stapled these together in the shape of pattern pieces I had already made. Problems that occurred where that the staples wouldn't hold any slightly thick pieces of fabric so I also added some glue onto the skirt, the skirt is also heavy which made it slightly difficult to work with, with the amount of staples too it really strained my hand, so feel maybe glueing it in the first place would have been a better idea.




My crafts package includes a garment bag with some ruffles on it, two hangers and a set of labels, one old with my name and some small rocks, another a leaflet to make the exhibition piece seem more like its in a exhibition and another a necklace I made by sticking a rock to a chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment