Monday 23 January 2012

PPD3

In a bid not to forget about ppd, I decided to choose the role I will be interviewed for and the portfolio mini-briefs I will develop.

I have decided to apply for position 3 - ladieswear graphic designer opposed to womenswear design intern, casualwear designer or fashion promoter as this is the closest to what I want to do after my degree.

This is a high-street position which will involve:

forecasting trends, colours and designing collections formulated from meeting with buyers

manage to process from first sample through to pre-production

researching fabrics (find out some names of mass fabric shows)

sourcing trims

listing making up procedure and over-seeing first sample

Pattern knowledge desirable

The briefs I will do will be:

Monsoon - Tailored Workwear design - AW 2012
Miss Selfridge - Trend Package - SS 2013
Etro - Womenswear Design - SS 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment