Wednesday 30 November 2011

Erp Jacket and lay plan


As I only have a minimal amount of wool left to make this jacket I have had to do my lay plans very carefully to get the most out of it, as it is quite expensive. I have done my toile, and had to make some alterations to my pattern pieces but nothing too major. I am struggling to decide what to do about my shoulder pad situation. At first I was toying about whether to put a shoulder pad in or not, but decided it was necessary, I tried to put it at the edge of the extended shoulder but this did not look right due to having a facing and no sleeve, so i put it further back but it was too bulky. I have settled on using a light shoulder pad in an usual part of the should but not going through to the extension as I believe the silhouette shape is much better aesthetically.

No comments:

Post a Comment