Tuesday 25 January 2011

Lay plans





I have taken photographs of my pattern before i have cut them out so i can use this, with the correct grainline in place, to draw my lay plans from. I have a separate lay plan for lining, the jacket and the small parts which I will cut out of pink fabric for the jacket. The pink part will be the cuff and welt.

After making up my toile I have realised that I need to make the flap for my pocket 4mm wider (which is lost when folded over, I need to make the sleeve shorter hense a new cuff (so it is in line with the cuff) I need to measure the end of the collar with the rever as they currently match which wasnt intentional but I want to add to my design, I also need to cut the under collar, and neck facing both on the fold with no seam allowance. I also need to change the back of the lining pattern so it takes off the neck facing.

No comments:

Post a Comment